Educationworks

Educationworks

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MOSAIC DAY 1







Today we started on gluing the tile and the mirrors on to the wall out front. We are so proud to begin the process of transforming this bare and vandalized wall into something beautiful. We were so happy to have accomplished the hard part of the mosaic. All of the tile, mirrors, glass and cups are so greatly appreciated and will be part of the beautiful work of art that we're creating. Already, today someone from the neighborhood volunteered to help out. We encourage those in the community to come and help out and be apart of this creative movement.
So far the Art Center has been a good atmosphere for me and other teens that work with me. It makes me feel good to know that I am apart of something to better my community and the neighborhood I live in. I've made great friends working here and I've had fun times within the little time I've been here. I can't wait until the Art Center is complete, then people in my community can feel the same affect of a third home as I feel when I'm at the Art Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment